Sunday, January 5, 2014

Getting Back to It.

I'm getting back into running consistantly in preparation for the Zion's Half Marathon. My work is sponsoring a group of us to go down and run it together. I'm pretty excited about it, but I feel like I'm starting all over again and running more than a mile is hard. I feel pretty darn pathetic. It's especially been hard to run on a treadmill but it's not worth running outside on the ice and in terrible air quality that will give you lung cancer so I have to endure the torture. 

I started really slow the other day but finished strong at 3 miles. Did you hear? 3 miles is the new long run. I'll try and attempt a "long run" of 5 miles this week sometime and report back. P.S. I had to hold on to the treadmill because I was experiencing some random vertigo, it's weird but it happens to me occasionally. I'll just wake up with it and it will last a few hours and mysteriously disappear.

A typical lazy dinner = tuna straight from the can. :/ my poor husband. Also, the yoga studio I practice at recently opened an organic raw cafe. After class on Friday I got the goji chia lemonade and it was a dream after a sweaty class. So yummy and refreshing. I'm excited to try the whole menu!

This weekend we caught up with Naomi and Anthony, our friends who moved to New Mexico a couple years ago. We've been missing them lots and want them to move back! We took several photos but these were only decent two. Our husbands don't know how to take a normal picture, haha.


Baby Wesley! I haven't yet introduced blog world to him. He is my little baby bear. Technically he is my sister Larissa's baby but I claim him as my own. There is nothing better than a yummy newborn in furry, footsie pajamas! I bought these PJs for him and you can't see but they have ears on the hood and a little tail on the bum. Too cute!

One thing I am trying to do in 2014 is practice more yoga. Since 2013 was spent running marathons and a number of other races I decided this year will be spent exploring yoga. I learn so much every time I practice and I truly believe yoga makes me want to be a better person in every aspect of life. If you follow me on Instagram @chelshope I'll be participating in monthly yoga challenges and posting photos. The challenge for January is #NewYouYoga. I don't post every day but I've been practicing every day and it's been wonderful! I'm also going to start teaching again at Real Foods Market Orem every Tuesday night at 7pm. If you're in the area and want to try it out, do it! You won't regret it :)
(Photo credit Paul Malan)

Happy Fitnessing!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the whole more yoga thing this year. If you feel like you are starting all over with running right now, there is no hope for me in a couple weeks when I am finally able to start running again. Help me!!

    ReplyDelete