Saturday, April 12, 2014

Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut with Mango Salsa :: Whole30 Worthy

Hey guys!

If you follow me on Instagram you know I'm doing the Whole30 diet this month and I've been experimenting with grain, dairy, sugar and legume free meals. Last night my sister Larissa came over (she's doing the diet with me) and we made this awesome macadamia nut crusted halibut with salsa and mango.


I've had a few ask for the recipe and I didn't really measure anything so take it for what it's worth. :)

Ingredients:
Small piece of halibut
Handful of macadamia nuts
1 egg
Pinch of salt
Salsa of your choice for topping (I would have done mango salsa but it usually has added sugar and that's not Whole30 approved)
1 mango cut up

Here's what you do:
 - Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
 - Process or blend macadamia nuts until they're a good smooth texture for coating the fish
 - Mix a pinch of salt into the macadamia nuts and set aside
 - Beat the egg in a bowl
 - Dip the halibut in the egg and then coat it with the macadamia nut mix
 - Wrap the halibut in aluminum foil and and leave an opening in the top
 - Bake in a glass dish for 20 - 25 minutes
 - Check to see if it's nice and flaky before you take it out of the oven
 - Top with salsa and mango
 - Enjoy!

If you're not on the Whole30 diet, add a lil' fresh parmesan cheese to the macadamia nut mixture... :)

1 comment: