Thursday, March 6, 2014

Clean "Doritos"

I used to love Doritos but now I can barely handle the artificial flavors and msg, not to mention all the hydrogenated oils and preservatives. You get it, right? Doritos = NOT healthy. DO NOT EAT... Ok, my rant is over.

Now to the good part.

A few years ago when I had committed to eating healthier I had a craving for that cheesy, crunchy corn chip I conjured up this recipe and it satisfied that craving in a snap. Even my picky husband loves them! Bonus: It's an easy recipe, because duh, I don't deal well with complicated recipes.

Here it is, step by step.

Clean Eating "Doritos"

Ingredients:
1 bag sprouted corn tortillas - (a healthier and more digestible version of the typical corn tortilla)
1/3 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
1/2 tbs garlic powder
1/2 tbs onion salt
1/4 cayenne powder  *optional if you want a spicy kick

Here's what to do:
Cut the tortillas in quarters

Lay the tortillas out on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until tortillas brown slightly.

While the chips are baking, mix together nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion salt and cayenne.

Place chips in a bowl to cool.

After the chips have cooled, drizzle the melted coconut oil on top and mix well until all the chips are covered.

Sprinkle the spice mix on the chips and toss well so you can get the mix spread onto both sides of each chip. Mmmmm...

I just pack mine up in a ziplock bag and snack away!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment