Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tuesday Tip #2

Push hard, and then push harder.


Today's tip I was reminded of during this mornings workout. I was running (track repeat), most often the toughest work out of the week. I warm up with a comfortable jog for about 10-15 minutes and practice running form with knee highs and butt kicks. Then starts the track repeats. Basically I run for a certain distance (400 m, 800 m, 1200 m or a mile) at a speed that is about 90% of a sprint. I then rest which includes walking/jogging for about 2-3 minutes (depending on the day), and go again. I usually do this until the track repeats (fast running cycles) add up to about 3 miles. After which I cool down by jogging/walking and stretching for 10-20 minutes. Some days it is easier than other days but mostly it's hard.

Today was a hard day. I woke up so tired. I told myself I would just do what I can but then during my workout I thought about how I was settling for that and I couldn't let that be good enough for me so I decided I would do what I could and then I would do 1 more. In this case it was 1 more track repeat.

It was tough. As soon as I thought I was done and couldn't go further, I pushed through one more track repeat and I am pretty sure people around me could here me grunting but I didn't care cause I kinda of felt like I was going to cry or fall over anyway and the grunting seemed to prevent those things from happening. When I finished I felt awesome (and sweaty). Not only did I feel stronger physically but mostly mentally. It was a nice way to remind myself that I can do hard things.

So on your next workout go until you're tired then go a further, or push harder and you'll be stronger!



Happy Fitnessing!

1 comment: