Sunday, June 23, 2013

Life Lately.

What's been happening in my life lately...

I spent a few days working in St. George last week and got to hang out with this adorable niece of mine. She turned 1 and obviously I had to give her a baby workout outfit (left pic). I about died seeing her run around in that. She's now ready to start marathon training with her auntie! 

Shenelle came to Utah for a quick trip and we were too busy relaxing so this was the only pic we took. Yes, we are at Cafe Rio, but we had just finished a good workout and we were sharing a 1/2 salad. I'm obsessed with my sisters so it was wonderful having her here for a couple days! 

I visited the salt mine where my favorite salt comes from. Guys:: If you don't use Real Salt - I'm not sure we can be friends;) It's so pure and way better for you than that icky "sea salt" (eh em Morton's) that's all I'm gonna say about that but the mine tour alone was so fun! We went 350 feet into the earth and the mine is entirely made of salt! If you touch any of the walls or ground around you and lick your fingers you'll taste the yummiest salt ever and I love that it is right here in Utah. How cool!

Back at the gym and started training for the St. George Marathon this week. I didn't let dental surgery get in the way of my running goals this week but one day of cross training was skipped - I was a little out of it after getting my gums cut open. I think the worst part of the surgery is this nasty mouthwash I have to use multiple times a day, oh and the swelling. I look like I'm storing nuts like a chipmunk.

Wednesday night (surgery day) I was craving bread so bad and I needed soft foods so I made up a recipe that I thought might satisfy both those factors in a healthy way... 1 banana + 1/2 cup oats + 1 egg +1 teaspoon vanilla + milk or water to desired texture blended together in a blender or food processor and cooked on a skillet = Best Pancakes Ever! Success! I added dark chocolate chips and topped with bananas and pure maple syrup. Yummy! I made this again yesterday and replaced the banana with 1/4 cup peanut butter to experiment and it was great too!

Post marathon recovery includes lots of cuddling as I rested my legs. I think Eric is a fan of the post marathon time because he is always trying to get me to slow down. When your legs are sore and you can barely walk that forces you to take it easy. It's good for me. :)

Hope everyone is having a great summer!

Happy Fitnessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment