Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Disneyland 2013 :: Day One

We ended up with three different rooms in the hotel my brother-in-law Spencer booked because a couple of their students cancelled so we had our choice of several different sleeping arrangements. The first night Eric slept in his own room with a king, Spencer slept in his own room with a king and Shenelle and I slept in a shared room with two queens - except we slept together because we like cuddling. Anyway, moving on... We woke up early Friday morning to get in a workout in before Disneyland. We cycled, did the elliptical and worked our triceps, arms and abs. Shenelle is 16 weeks pregnant and did all the workouts with me. She rocks! I meant to take a pic of us working out as proof but I was having too much fun with my sis so, oops!
Notice the one bed slept in.

After a good workout, we had breakfast at the hotel which was not too shabby. I powered up with some eggs and a cinnamon raisin bagel and Eric ate like 15 pieces of bacon. He was seriously in heaven.

By 10:30am we were in line for our first and favorite ride at Disneyland, STAR TOURS! We then shared a churro, bought some mouse ears, rode space mountain and Eric killed me at Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters. At this point our Disneyland trip was made but we decided to stay a little longer. :)





Wow... I must be a terrible shot! I sure hope I never have to use those astro blasters to protect myself during the Zombie apocolypse 

Haha Space mountain - Eric's sweatshirt around his neck is so great! 

Eric satisfied his corn dog craving. He always has to get one in Disneyland.
We went on the Tower of Terror countless times. My favorite! I love posing for the camera!
Spencer made reservations to Ariel's Grotto in California adventure. I got the asian style chicken with noodles peppers, mushrooms and edemame and Eric got the steak and lobster tail. They brought us a fondu plate complete with strawberries, cheesecake, Oreos, and rice krispies (YUCK! I hate rice krispies, they really should never have been invented). The meal was all pretty good but overpriced in my opinion. It had a great view!


It was cool that because we ate there they let us sit in a special spot to watch the World of Color. You NEED to see it. I almost cry every time I see it. The various clips of the classic animated Disney movies and all the music is so nostalgic and it makes me want to cuddle up on the couch and watch every one of them! 

We had to wait a little before the show started. While we were waiting Shenelle taught me how to play Candy Crush while the boys slept. Yes, I know I'm late on the Candy Crush trend but I was avoiding it because I didn't want to be one of THOSE people who is addicted to it. Well, now I am.  



A great first day. Stay tuned for day 2!

Happy Fitnessing!

What is your favorite Disney movie? Aladdin all the way for me.

You fave thing to dip in chocolate? Strawberries - I'm pretty sure God creating strawberries for this very purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment