Monday, October 24, 2011

The Stillness

Came across this article written by Susan Piver, yeah never heard of her either. Apparently she has been on Oprah a ton, if that means anything to you. She is the author of several books, including the Open Heart Project, a book which teaches a form of meditation. I was so happy to read this article. It's true that so often I experience yoga teachers using the phrases "do what feels right" or "do what what feels good." After hearing that so often I find myself saying that when I teach. It's not necessarily a bad thing but many of the people who are coming to the class are trying to improve their practice and that improvement comes through repetition and learning the proper alignment. It comes from being uncomfortable, and using the breath, bandhas, and drishti (focus) to find the stillness in those uncomfortable moments. In my experience this is how I find myself moving deeper into meditation, the goal of my practice.


Happy Fitnessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment