Wednesday, December 21, 2011

In the Bleak Midwinter.

Today is the first day of winter. After reading this article I actually feel happy to embrace winter and this "yin" time of the year. 


The thought of having to turn up my thermostat and losing sun light has put me in a somewhat depressed state the past few weeks but now I understand that I just need to go with the flow of mother nature. The same is true for my work outs. With the new year approaching my training for 2012 races begins. My mind is excited about it but this past month my body is resisting all the wear and tear of running. It wants to hybernate.

Solution?

LOTS of sleep. My goal is 8-9 hours minimum of sleep a night, instead of the 7-8 I usually shoot for. Also, more restorative yoga classes and soup!

Happy Fitnessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment