Sunday, April 1, 2012

Carbohydrate Supplementing

I have been using this coconut water as a recovery drink for a couple months now and it is awesome. Super hydrating, great for replenishing electrolytes and best of all it tastes just like a freshly opened young coconut. All three varieties are great but my favorite is the one with pulp. Now that I'm getting higher mileage I am going to start stashing one of these on my long run trail to see how I do with drinking this during the run. I need to start experimenting with what kinds of carbohydrate supplements will work for me during long run sessions. Although, being that I doubt the Utah Valley Marathon organizers will provide this for runners on race day, I'm not really sure it's a good idea for me to train with it. Maybe, I'll just continue to drink it right after my run.

Another thing I've wanted to experiment with is dates. They are sweet and yummy and 98% carbs! I love that they are simple and created by mother nature with no refined sugars or preservatives like the typical glucose gels they usually hand out at races. I plan to take a few of these on my 15 mile run this week.



Happy Fitnessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment