Monday, June 25, 2012

Decisions

Today, I had one of those mornings. I wake up early, roll out of bed and go into the bathroom. I start to put on my contacts and hesitate. I think to myself, why am I up this early? Of course I know why I woke up that early, I'm intending to do my workout (running) before I go to work so I can do whatever else I want after. My body feels tired and tries to resists getting ready for a workout. I stare at myself in the mirror and think of numerous excuses to justify me crawling back in bed for an hour or so.

That's when I have to decide.

I'm probably 50/50 on going to workout vs. crawling back in bed. Sometimes I really feel like it is better for me to just go back to sleep but 90 percent of the time if I just make myself get to the gym I am so much happier about that decision later in the day. I love being done with my key workout (running, cycling, and/or weight lifting) in the morning. My day just seems so much more open to whatever may be thrown at me. Sometimes it's a chance to hang out with friends and family, sometimes it allows more time to get stuff around the house done or run errands (I know, lame and boring) or sometimes it is just the time it opens up for me to go to yoga, Zumba or some other fun group fitness class. Whatever the case may be, as you can see I'd much rather prefer to workout in the morning. I know some people say they aren't morning people. But once you get yourself into the habit of working out in the morning you'll find that you can actually be happy and enjoy that extra time.
 
Happy Fitnessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment