Sunday, June 24, 2012

108 Sun Salutations = A Terrible 6 Miles

On Thursday I welcomed in the new season by celebrating the summer solstice at 3b Yoga. We celebrated by doing 108 sun salutations. Not just the A's but of course the B's as well. This is how it was laid out. We did 20 A and 10 B, 3x and then finished it off with 18 A's. It was a challenge for me of course, but it allowed me to go into a deep meditation, which is always cool.

I thought I was going to be sore the next day so I planned for that day to be a resting day but soreness didn't hit until that night and carried over into Saturday morning when I had planned to do a "long" run. By .3 of a mile I could totally feel my sore arms weighing me down. Oh man, it was rough. Every part of me was sore but especially my hamstrings, deltoids and triceps. It is not easy to run when your upper body is tired and sore. Let's just say I barely ran/jog/walked 6 miles. By the time I was finished it felt more like 18 miles.

Lesson learned: Next time plan on celebrating the summer solstice with 108 sun salutations and 108 days of rest. :)

Happy Fitnessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment