Thursday, August 16, 2012

Tip From a Body Builder

Right now I am feeling suuuuper happy about the fact that I can wiggle all my toes! That means my little toe is almost all better. It still looks a little bruised but that should go away soon. I feel like I might be able to run this weekend! We'll see. I have been able to do everything else this week... spin, yoga, pilates and zumba, but I wanna run! :)

I wanted to share a little tip I picked up from a friend's blog on food prep. She is pretty amazing. A mom of two and training for a body building competition. She is very strict about her diet but has made it easy to maintain because of all the food prep she does. The past month I have been practicing this whole food prep thing and it has worked out really well! Each week I will cook a couple chicken breast in the crock pot, shred that up and store it in the fridge. Separately I will cook a cup or two of short brown rice (organic and soaked in water the night before to reduce acidity) and store that in the fridge as well. BTW- I don't have a rice cooker but I found this recipe and it works like a charm. This is just a small part of what Nikki does but I am taking it one step at a time. It is so nice to have these two staples in the fridge during the week. There are so many different things you can do with chicken and rice! I also make sure to keep lots of veggies around as well to mix in with them if I want to kick things up a notch. :)

The chicken I use.

Top: Chicken and rice with avocados and red peppers. Bottom: With red peppers and green peas

Top: With avocado, sauteed yellow squash and a hint of fresh Parmesan cheese. Bottom: With grapes :)
Thank you for the tip Nikki!

Happy Fitnessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment