Sunday, January 13, 2013

My New Favorite App

While I'm not particularly disappointed with my weight or body, I have decided to see if I can lose 5 pounds. I've never tried to lose weight before and thought that if I really want to be a wellness adviser it would be good for me to understand what it's like to be on a "diet" and exercise program with the end goal being weight loss.

I've got the exercise program part of my plan down and for the most part I have got a good grasp on nutrition. I eat fresh, nutrient dense and organic foods. The only thing is... I eat more than my daily caloric intake should be. So, to solve this problem it's time to count calories.

Counting calories can really be a great way to lose weight but it's kind of annoying to have to keep track. Luckily, there's an app for that!

My Fitness Pal is my new favorite app. It will calculate for you how many calories you need to eat daily based on your age, weight, goal weight and amount of daily exercise. It is super easy to keep track. You just type in what your eating and the app has a HUGE database of food based on the brand and specific food. You can even type in your recipes for caloric and nutritional info.


Another fun part about this is that you can connect with friends on the app to get motivation and support. The app is available on both the iphone and android. Did I mention it's FREE?! Check it out! You can also follow me chelshope06 :)

Happy Fitnessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment