Thursday, March 14, 2013

Running is Hard, Even on the Beach.

So. Tired. That's how I felt after just 3 miles yesterday. Like, what?

I've been thinking... it seems like 75% of the time when I run it just feels hard, AND I wonder, "why do I torture myself like this?" Saturday while in California I made a trip to Huntington beach to run on the trail by the waves, and to prepare me for this. It was seriously gorgeous. After about a mile I was totally feeling it. I was in the zone. A mile later I was tired and wanted to jump into the water. I shook that feeling and continued along the trail. It wasn't until another couple miles down the trail did I find myself back in the zone. I was thinking about how grateful I am for my legs, my lungs and all I am capable of. I was so happy to be at the beach and in the wonderful California weather but still... I was even happier when I finished my run. You know why? 'Cause I'm pretty sure there's no better feeling than finishing a long run, except for maybe holding a handstand for longer than .5 of a second.

Race day on the beach

Happy Fitnessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment