Thursday, October 10, 2013

St. George Marathon :: Post Race

Once I stepped over the finish line and was given that medal, I grabbed some water and spent a few moments to relish what I had just accomplished. Even though I could feel my blister covered pinky toe, my right foot was aching something terrible and my digestive system was all messed up, I was feeling awesome. 
I met up with Brooke, Eric and a sleepy Marlee for some pics. I still can't believe I didn't get any pics with Brooke?! 
When we got back to my Chris and Brooke's house I knew I needed to eat but I didn't have much of an appetite. I was able to get half a chicken sandwich from Kneaders down as well as a yogurt and some fruit. After that I attended to my poor blistered toe and took a good 2 hour nap. 
When I woke up I was feeling much better and I was excited to be hungry! We packed up our stuff and got on the road home. First, we had to stop at Eric's favorite Samari 21 and I was happy to get sushi! I usually try to avoid sushi before a race or a long run and I had been craving it for a couple days. 
Another thing I had been craving was fro yo. Yay for the marathon certificate and free yogurt from Yogurtland! I got pumpkin spice and white chocolate macadamia nut with almond slices. YUM! Just the right amount of sugar I needed. 
Special thanks to Brooke for having us stay with her and all her support! I also want to thank all my many friends and family for the advice, words of encouragement and patience with me the past few months as my life has revolved around marathon training. Oh and of course thanks to Redmond for hooking me up with all the races that I run! I still can't believe they pay for me to run. It has changed my life! THANK YOU!!
 
Happy Fitnessing!


No comments:

Post a Comment