Sunday, August 21, 2011

99% Practice, 1% Theory

"Yoga is 99% practice and 1% theory." -Sri K. Pattabhi Jois (Father of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga)

Well, this yoga teacher training has come to an end. It will be weird when 1 o'clock rolls around tomorrow and I won't be sitting on my mat surrounded by fellow yoginis.
What will I do now?

Working, working, and more working. Between all the busy-ness that life is about to bring on I have set a goal to practice yoga at least 4 times a week. As I have realized with teaching dance it is so much easier to teach something if you are practicing it as well. I also feel like yoga is too much a part of my life now to just stop. I see myself getting stronger physically and mentally through the practice and that is very rewarding.

For those of you curious as to when/where I will be teaching. The only group class I have set up right now is offered Wednesdays in Payson (hey, them country folk needs some yoga too!). Contact me at chelseahhansen@gmail.com if you're interested in that class.

No comments:

Post a Comment