Tuesday, August 9, 2011

So.. Laugh!

Several people have told me that they "can't take yoga seriously," or they just laugh while participating in yoga classes.

So, who ever said yoga was serious? I can think of a million reasons to laugh while practicing yoga.

I've never been to a yoga class where somebody was scolded by the teacher for laughing. I have been to many a yoga class where the teacher will say something funny or even tell us to smile and lighten up a bit. Because yoga focuses so much on breathing and clearing the mind, those practicing naturally tend to become more serious, especially if they have been practicing for a long time. So if you feel like laughing while practicing, go ahead, let out a giggle or two. As a teacher, I really wouldn't mind it in my class, in fact, I want to encourage my students to find joy and fun in their practicing. The serious-ness will come on it's own.

Did you know that there is such a thing as laughing yoga? Here is a video to prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment