Sunday, April 22, 2012

17 Miles and a Poor Recovery

I did NOT recover well after yesterday's long run. I ran 17 miles and other than having to wait 20 minutes for my running buddy to meet me halfway, it went well. I kept my pace and didn't cramp up like I have in previous weeks. Yay! After a great run I was feeling happy and decided to start working with the hubs around the house so we could have a fun Saturday afternoon together. Well, all that working around the house sort of distracted me from eating. I did drink some coconut water but I just wasn't hungry, which is weird for me.

About 4 hours after my run I finally ate something and when I finished eating I felt a slight headache come on, and that has how my weekend has been... full of a headaches and I'm pretty sure it's just because I was not smart in my recovery routine. I'm wondering how it's going to affect my run tomorrow morning. We'll see.......

I'd like to highlight and bold the part that says "You will need to make healthy decisions." Don't I know it!

Happy Fitnessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment