Saturday, June 23, 2012

Recovery

Hello there.

It's me again. I know I've been missing for a while but I'm feeling motivated to write again. I have still been doing my workouts and running but not very hard or far because I need to be careful so I'm well enough to run my next half marathon in July. I plan to start bumping up the mileage next week.

On June 3rd I went to the finish line of the Utah Valley Marathon to watch my sister finish her first half marathon. It was great to see her come in so strong with a smile on her face. I was so proud of her, however I couldn't help but feel disappointed at the same time that I couldn't be running the race as well. After she finished I decided to run up the race a couple miles until I found my friend Olivia who would be running the full marathon. I found her in just over 2 miles and had fun running with her and cheering her on the whole rest of the way until the finish. She finished in 3:50, yay! While I was trying to find her I passed all the crazy fast runners, it was inspiring to see several older women finishing around 3:30-3:40, wow! I've heard it said that most runners (especially women) get faster as they get older. I sure hope that is true for me!

Rissa with me and her hubby.

Happy Fitnessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment