Sunday, August 12, 2012

Weekend Update

This week I attempted to get back into my regular running routine as I am officially signed up to run a half marathon the 8th of September. I wouldn't say it was a failed attempt but it was a weak attempt. I only ran maybe a total of 10 miles this week. All I really wanted to do was practice yoga. Yesterday I ran a 5 mile "long run." By mile 3 my legs were tired and it felt more like mile 13, but even though I really wanted to, I was determined not to walk. So I stopped to take a sip of water and stretch instead... :) ...and then I was off again.


Running is such a mind game. Maybe I wasn't really as tired as I thought I was. That is why I thought is was so important for me to work past it mentally and not do the run/walk thing the whole 5 miles.

The other running mind game I've noticed is no matter how far I am planning on running that day, it always feels long. Whether it's 5 miles, 10 miles or 15 miles. It's going to seem long and it's going to be hard. At least it should be. Some days it is harder than other days but it's always an accomplishment. That is why running is addicting. 

Running season is starting to wind down. This time last year I let myself get lazy with running but I really don't want to do that this year. So, for all others addicted to running, or even those wanting to officially start running as your form of exercise here are some upcoming races in Utah you can sign yourself up for.

Mt. Nebo Half Marathon (Payson) - September 8th
The Color Run 5k (Salt Lake City) - September 15th
Moab Autumn 10k Run (Moab) - September 22nd *Great time of year to visit moab!
The Great Inflatable Race (Logan) -September 22nd *Obstacle course
Halloween Half (Provo) - October 27th *Pretty much a costume contest. FUN!

Go to utahrunning.com for more races.

Happy Fitnessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment