Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tuesday Tip :: Getting Started


One of the most challenging things about participating in any type of fitness program or physical activity is just getting started. It doesn't have to be a big deal. Just start with a small goal.

Maybe you haven't been exercising at all... so look into some type of exercise, fitness class or sport that seems appealing to you and try it out. Remember, most exercises can be done in the comfort of your own home or neighborhood. You do not have to make any gym commitments in order to start. In fact, most times if somebody has not already been active and working out they will not stick with their gym commitment for long and that just ends up being a big waste of money. If you're really nervous about the whole gym idea check out Youtube! I'm amazed at all the cool fitness videos I find on there.

Maybe you have been exercising and are looking to try something new... that's great! It's always good to switch up your fitness routine. I love to run and practice yoga but I also love to try new things. I've just signed up for my first triathlon in June and I'm really excited to switch more of my time and focus to swimming and cycling. Trying new things will increase your fitness level and keep things interesting. What is something new you'd love to try? - I am totally going to take a swing at CrossFit soon after my marathon is over.

The important thing about getting started is the goal... big or small. I'm going to run for 5 minutes, or I'm going to run a marathon. You must ALWAYS have a fitness goal in mind. Don't be afraid to be a little competitive with yourself, and don't be afraid to be a LOT proud of yourself for accomplishing even the smallest thing. The satisfaction you feel when accomplishing a fitness goal is what will keep you coming back for more!




Happy Fitnessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment