Sunday, May 19, 2013

20 Miles + The Long Run Necessities

This weekend I hit the dreaded 20 miler in my training program. After spending a week in New york pounding so much cheesecake and pizza it should be illegal, I wasn't sure if I would be able to make it through the whole 105,600 feet (seems even crazier if you measure it that way). While in NYC (post to come later), I was experiencing what I thought might be Achilles tendonitis which made my running in Central Park a little more uncomfortable than fun. Mostly, it hurt while walking around the city but I had to work off the cheesecake somehow.

Anyway, I'm happy to report that with a little help from a few of what I now consider The Long Run Necessities, I made it through 20 miles and I actually enjoyed it!
{1} {2} {3} {4}
I'm so happy I don't feel any soreness or pain after my longest run before the marathon in just 3 weeks. I'm ready for it! I'm sure I'll get nervous the night before as I do with all races but today I'm just feeling excited to accomplish something I've been working so long and hard for.

Oh, and P.S. I made it into the St George marathon!!



Happy Fitnessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment