Friday, May 10, 2013

The Waiting Game and My Fave Pre Work Out Snack!

Monday I put my name into the St. George marathon lottery. Now I still have to wait a whole week until I hear if I'm in or not. Mostly, I really want to do it, but there is a part of me now that is thinking it might be nice to no longer stress about training for a marathon. There is a lot of time and hard work that goes into training. I sorta feel like I have an extra part-time job as "marathon trainer." I just figure if I get picked or don't get picked then well, that is how it's meant to be. :) Right? 

Well anyway, I hope everyone has a great weekend! I will be leaving to NYC with the hubs and friends so I'll be away from blogworld for a few days. Until we meet again, enjoy this delish Banana Muffin Recipe I use as my favorite pre work out snack. It takes about 5 minutes to prep and 15 minutes to bake! Yay!



Ingredients
2.5 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup plain low fat greek yogurt
2 eggs
1/4 cup honey 
1 tsp vanilla creme stevia extract (Sweet Leaf Brand - you can get it at any health food store and it's a staple at my house)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 ripe bananas 

Here's how you make 'em.....

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or line muffin tins with silicone or foil liners. 
2. Place all of the ingredients, including bananas in a blender or food processor, and blend until oats are smooth. Add the oats a cup at a time and blend in between. 
3. Divide batter among cupcake liners, and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.  




Happy Fitnessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment