Monday, August 19, 2013

18 Miles this Weekend

Last week I had sort of a mental and physical breakdown. As I've mentioned earlier, work has been busier than usual lately and I made myself sick with the stress of it this past Wednesday. Eric, being the awesome guy that he is knew just how to cheer me up... with display of my favorite guilty pleasures and beautiful bouquet of flowers to top it off.

I will say that was a great view while working at home.

With being sick and stressed, I was not sure how my long run would go on Saturday. Especially since the week before my long run was crap crappy. I woke up at 6am. I hated being awake so that was already a bad sign. I just kept telling myself that I had no choice, this is just part of marathon training. After getting ready, I spent a little time with my foam roller and didn't leave the house until 6:45. I got into my running groove pretty quick (thank goodness) and my goal for this run was to not walk, at all. I stopped to get some ice cold running water at mile 13 on the canyon trail (the most glorious thing on a hot morning run) and then started running again right away.

Even though I was slower than I'd prefer, it was a much more enjoyable run than last week. That's the thing I'm learning... while I would like to get faster and have future speedy goals I'd like to accomplish, the most important thing right now is that I enjoy this hobby I have invested so much time (and money) in. If that means slowing down and taking it easy then so be it. I don't want to hate running.

Later Saturday afternoon I tagged along with the boys on their adventure up the canyon where they shot their guns at paper zombies and coke bottles. I may have even taken a shot or two, but mostly I sat there and rested my poor feet.



We left just in time as the rain started to come down. Eric and I sat on the porch when we got home and watched and listened to the rain. Love it.

That pretty much summed up our weekend because the rest of it consisted of sitting around watching movies and relaxing with each other (our favorite thing to do). Thank goodness for the weekend. Hope yours was great too!

Happy Fitnessing!

What is your favorite thing to do on the weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for getting out of bed at all on a Saturday! Also...love the rain, too.

    ReplyDelete